Please be advised that the School Board Meetings are held in the Central Valley High School Cafeteria. The Board recognizes the value to school governance of public comment on educational issues and the importance of involving members of the public in Board meetings. The Board also recognizes its responsibility for proper governance of the district and the need to conduct its business in an orderly and efficient manner. The district is asking that the following be adhered to:
- Face coverings are optional.
- Each comment made by a participant shall be limited to 3 minutes (without exception)
- No participant may speak more than once on the same topic (without exception)
- All statements shall be directed to the President of the Board; no participant may address or question the board members individually
Failure to follow the requirements outlined by the Board may result in:
- Terminate the time for the participant to provide a statement if too lengthy, personally directed, abusive, or obscene
- Request any individual to leave the meeting when that person does not observe reasonable decorum
- Request the assistance of law enforcement officers to remove a disorderly person when his/her conduct interferes with the orderly progress of the meeting
- Call a recess or adjourn to another time when a lack of public decorum interferes with the orderly conduct of the meeting
It is the intent of the district to work with the school community on all school-related issues, however, the Board has a right to and will enforce reasonable expectations to conduct a meeting in an orderly fashion. Refusal to comply will not be tolerated.
Monthly Meeting Information:
Combined Meeting Date/Time: Thursday, May 18, 2023
Combined Meeting Location: Central Valley High School Cafeteria